Friends of HPEC Grant Application
Deadline, January 15
If you wish to apply for grant money to assist with your work on projects that will promote the teaching of health and/or physical education in Alberta schools, please complete and submit the following form along with pertinent supporting documents. Projects such as writing on researching articles for the Runner, developing and delivering workshops for teachers in our province, developing resources for teacher use or any other worthwhile project that meets the criteria listed below will be considered.
- Applicants must be members in good standing of HPEC.
- Grant applications can be received at any time during the year. (Please note: If you are planning a workshop, your request for funding should be received at least one month prior to the workshop.)
- To qualify for a grant from the Friends of HPEC, your activity or project must provide direct benefit to teachers and students in Alberta schools and will need to be completed by the following years’ HPEC AGM.
- Two grants of $500 will be awarded in each calendar year is limited to the interest earned from the principal invested in this trust fund.
- Grants will be recognized at the HPEC Annual General Meeting and the $500 cheque will be awarded upon grant approval.
- Grant recipient will communicate with the HPEC Vice President of Communications concerning the best medium to capture their project for which the Friends of HPEC $500 grant funds were awarded (add a link to the VP email here) i.e./blog, E-Sprinter, YouTube video, etc….
Friends of HPEC Honorees
The Health and Physical Education Council established The Don Williams Special Project Fund in 1991 in honour of Don Williams’ retirement. At Don’s request, the name was formally changed to Friends of HPEC in 1996 to honour the retirement of his long-time friend, LeRoy Pelletier, and the contributions of many other HPEC’ers. In addition to Don and LeRoy, donations have been received to acknowledge the following individuals (listed in alphabetical order):
Dr. Andrea Borys
Mary Ann Downing
Merri Ann Ford
Dr. Gerry Glassford
Dr. Colin Lumby
Dr. Chuck Rose
Dr. Jan Valance