HPEC Student Leadership Grant
- Sponsorship of education pre-service teachers from education programs recognized by the Alberta Teachers Association (ATA).
- Up to $500 grant per student; receipts for registration and other costs related to attending the HPEC designated Student Leadership Experience must be submitted to the HPEC treasurer upon return from the conference.
- The number of students to be sponsored will be a maximum of 4 students.
- The number of grants awarded may vary from year to year depending on the funds available.
- Allocation of funds will be contingent on the funds being available in the current year’s HPEC budget.
- Full time student/pre-service teacher who is in their second year or later of a BEd program with an interest in health or physical education.
- HPEC member and a member of their ATA student local.
- Secondary or elementary school focus.
- Grant recipients submit an article highlighting their experience at the designated Conference for the HPEC Runner. This article will be submitted to the treasurer within one month of the designated Conference.
- Student to complete online application form which requests name, institution, contact information and response to an open-ended question (in 250 words or less): How do you feel your attendance at this conference will impact your teaching practice?
- Students are to apply for the HPEC Student Leadership Grant by completing this application by April 1st.
- Grant recipients will receive notification by June 15.
- Grant to be presented to the pre-service teachers upon completion and submission of their article and submissions of receipts.
- Names of recipients will be published in HPEC Runner and/or HPEC E-Sprinter.