HPEC Membership Sign up and Renewals
Below is a detailed step-by-step process on how to renew or sign up for a free HPEC membership.
- Begin by going to www.teachers.ab.ca
- On the upper right hand corner of the main ATA page click on ‘Login’
- Once you've arrived on the ‘Login’ page, enter your Username and Password
- If you are getting an HPEC membership for the first time, click on the words below which say: Request Username
This nine-step process will take about 10 minutes and all you need is your ATA certificate of teaching number.
- At the end of the process, you will be directed to a page where you will check off HPEC as your specialist council. (see 5.d.i )
If you are Renewing your HPEC membership, follow the directions below:
- Enter your username (will always be your first name followed by your last name separated by a period, with teachers.ab.ca as the root, i.e. email@example.com)
- Enter your password.
- If you can’t remember it, click on Forgot Password, under the password box and you will be directed to a page where you can re-establish your password, or create a new one.
- In the right hand margin of the resulting page, you will see ‘Your ATA Groups’ and ‘Your ATA Tools’. Under ‘ATA Tools’ click on Specialist Council Membership.
- On the left hand side of the page, click on Join or Renew Specialist Council Membership
- You may be prompted to update your profile, although you may not have to do anything.
- If you need to change any of your profile information, this is a great time to do it. (new phone numbers, e-mail addresses, school assignment, etc.)
- After entering profile information look at the bottom of the page for the BACK clickable.
- At the new page, scroll down until you find the Health and Physical Education Council link under Available Council Memberships (it’s a long list). It says $35 – but you won’t be charged if you haven’t already signed up for a specialist council membership. If you have, your current membership(s) will show up under Current Council Memberships.
- After clicking on the HPEC membership line, select the Region in which you teach.
- Select Yes under e-mail details so that the HPEC executive can send you e-mails regarding all the benefits of belonging to this council. Your e-mail will not be used for any other purpose or be part of any other advertising list. You may have to contact your school board to stop blocking ‘teachers.ab.ca’ addresses from your district server.
- Click on Next after the e-mail prompt.
- Click Finish to activate your membership in HPEC.
- Check the page under Current Council Memberships to see the expiration date for your HPEC membership.